Get Your Air Conditioning Repaired in Prince George Today!
The last thing you want to deal with on a hot summer day is your air conditioner going out and leaving your family to suffer through sweltering temperatures. Unfortunately, despite proper maintenance and care, air conditioning units can develop common problems that cause them to run ineffectively or not at all.
For professional air conditioning repair in Prince George, turn to Canuck Mechanical Ltd. We have decades of experience handling air conditioner problems of varying complexity and scope, and understand the safety precautions needed to take care of Freon leaks and other hazardous materials associated with air conditioning unit repair.
Besides this, we also offer services for gas fittings and maintenance.
Air Conditioner Issues We Routinely See
There are many reasons you may need air conditioning repair in Prince George. Some of the more common issues Canuck Mechanical addresses include:
- Low refrigerant – Freon cools the air in your air conditioning system. When levels of Freon or refrigerant are low, this can make it harder to keep your home cool. The refrigerant will need to be recharged and any leaks fixed.
- External fan not working – Your air conditioner has an outside fan that moves the heat from your home outside when you run your cooling system. If the fan is broken, heat transfer can’t take place and this could lead to overheating your air conditioner.
- Faulty wiring – It’s always important to hire a professional when installing and repairing your air conditioner. Uncertified air conditioning wiring not only can affect the way your system runs, but can lead to power outages and fire hazards.
- Frozen coil – Dirty air filters or obstructed return air ducts can cause your air conditioner’s coils to freeze. This can also be the result of low levels of refrigerant. Either way, frozen coils can cause your system to malfunction.
- Sensor problems – Air conditioners have a thermostat sensor that measures the temperature of air coming into the evaporative coil. If something is wrong with the sensor, this could cause your system to run constantly or erratically.
- Clogged filter – One of the reasons for a malfunctioning air conditioner is a clogged filter. You must follow the manufacturer’s suggestion on how to change your filters. Dirty filters reduce the flow of air and also freeze the AC unit.
- Worn Contactor – In an AC unit, there are contactors for the blower motor, compressor and the condenser fan motor. An electrical connection is made to start the motors and compressor. It becomes difficult to start if there’s arching and pitting on the contactor.
Emergency Air Conditioning Repair in Prince George
To ensure your air conditioner works when you need it to, turn to the professional heating and cooling technicians at Canuck Mechanical Ltd. We provide emergency services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for all your air conditioner repair needs. With over 3 decades of air conditioning experience, our experts can easily pinpoint problems and recommend solutions that effectively address the issue without breaking your budget. Contact Canuck Mechanical today for air conditioning repair in Prince George.