19. Is the contractor associated with nationally recognized equipment manufacturers?
Yes, we represent many manufacturers including Amana®, Goodman®, American Standard, Bradford White®, Navien, Burnham®, Honeywell and many more.
20. Does the company have a website?
Yes, we do. You can find us at www.canuckmechanical.com.
21. Does the company require more than a 25% deposit before work commences?
No, you are not required to pay in full until the work has been completed.
Be especially careful about the following pitfalls:
1. Beware of the lowest price.
You want to spend the least amount possible for quality work. However, cheap contractors typically cut corners, which costs more in the long run. Cheap contractors cannot afford to fix mistakes, resulting in the need to pay twice. Often the lowest price is not the lowest at all.
2. Beware companies without a track record.
Every company has to start sometime. Yet, heating and air conditioning companies tend to fail frequently. In fact, one company in five closes annually. The best indicator that a company will survive long enough to honour its warranty obligations is that it has survived in the past.
3. Beware anything that sound too good to be true.
Usually, something too good to be true really is too good to be true.